Working at a Grooming Salon


Today I went out to a house I'm housesitting at and brought back one of their goldens to spend the afternoon with my family and I so she wouldn't be lonely. She's currently sitting on the floor in front of the couch I'm perched on, laying there like a good ol' lady and guarding our school room.

Her name is Maple, isn't she cute!?

I didn't know anything about dogs for a very very long time. My family has never owned a dog though all of us have always liked them. What with owning three cats and horses and chickens and having big gardens, dogs didn't really fit into our life style.

So when I got the job at the dog grooming salon, I was in for a bit of a culture shock.

Honestly, at first I wondered if I'd like dogs much after having to work with them every day. The answer?

I really like dogs.

I get to see so many cute dogs every day, and honestly there are some days I'd rather not see so many dogs, but the pros outweigh the cons. Sure, there are dogs that can be really bratty and nippy, there are dogs that bark a lot, and there are dogs that are downright mean.

But, overall, I have had the blessing of really getting to enjoy these friends God has created for us and am learning so much about them.

So here are some pictures of my favorite regulars at my work, along with what breed they are. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding any of the dogs or their breeds, I'd be happy to answer them in the comments!

Janky, English Bull Dog Terrier and the SWEETEST girl there is. <3 Love this dog, she comes
in about once a week for a bath. She's very gentle!

Juneau, Catahoula Cattle Dog, and a very very shy little girl. She comes in every once
in a while and I love her, I love to get her out of her fear zone and to calm down. Love
this dog!  
Mickey, a very sweet Cocker Spaniel who was hard to get a picture of. ;) He is an older
dog and I will not lie, he's very very hard to dry his hair. It's very thick so he takes a long,
long time to dry.


Rocky, German Shepherd. This boy gets really nervous a lot of the time but he tries so hard
to be a good boy. He comes in every couple weeks and likes to cuddle. He's a big boy!

Molly, Dachshund. She's another weekly and is so cuddly and sweet. She can be
naughty with other dogs so she has to be kenneled instead of getting to roam free after she's
done. However with people she loves to give kisses and cuddle up in your lap.

Betty, miniature Australian Cattle Dog. This dog is another one of those very shy dogs
that, once you earn her trust, is super sweet and friendly. I love this dog! She's so
obedient and lets me do her nails with no problem.

Pepper and Sugar Bear, Pomeranians! Technically not my dogs, they're groom dogs so I don't do
any of their bathing and whatnot. However I love them sooo much, they come in every couple
weeks and hang out for the day. Sugar Bear and I have a great friendship and Pepper is super sweet
too! I love Poms sooo much. <3

One more picture of Sugar Bear. ;) Isn't that the cutest little face you've ever seen!?

Last but not least, Anja, Alaskan Malamute. Anja and I have a...working relationship.
She honestly has bit me the hardest out of all the dogs there, has made me cry more
and irritates me more than most dogs. However, Anja is still a puppy and she's getting
better, and week by week we're getting along more and more. Though she is difficult to handle,
I really do like her as I begin to earn her friendship and she doesn't see me as her enemy
who gets her wet and blow dries her. ;P

So there you have it, some of my weekly dogs that come in! Do you, readers, have any experience in dogs? What are your favorite types? And do you have any questions about the breeds I've showcased here?

Next time I post, I'll show you what I do with the dogs to get them deshedded and shining!

Have a wonderful and blessed day, readers, and I hope you enjoyed the pictures!


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh...Betty is SOOO CUTE!! Ah!! <3
    Such cute doggies!
    Have you had any Basset Hounds come in? They're my most favorite dog breed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we get Basset Hounds! I will get a picture of them for you. :) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted