The Most Excellent Food Award!
|provided by Morguefile.com|
So guess who got nominated by Lauren Stoner and Blessing Counter to do the awesome (or, as my friend Gerhard likes to say, MOST EXCELLENT!) food award? *Crowd cheers* I did! ;) Hehehe that was conceited of me…
Thank you Blessing and Lauren for the tag, I am really excited to do this! So here are the rules!
1). Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2). Answer the 10 questions provided.
3). Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4). Nominate at least 5 people.
5). Let those people know they've been nominated.
I’m going to break the rules because everyone I would have nominated- has been nominated. ;) So I am just going to leave it be and let those who want to answer the questions answer the questions. So here we go! :D
1. Chocolate or vanilla?
Ehhhh probably vanilla so I can put toppings on it. ;)
2. Favourite dessert?
Russian tea cakes! :D Seriously, they are the best. Ohhhh I love those so much…
3. Imagine that it's freezing cold, there's lots of snow, and you just came in from playing outside. Would you prefer to drink hot chocolate or coffee?
Hot chocolate, because coffee makes me sleepy. ;)
4. Favourite pie/cake?
Apple pie! :D
5. What is a dessert that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
I really enjoy making… apple pie! ;) Hehehe I made a ton of them this year because it was easy for me. I had so many apples from my work. ;)
6. What is a meal that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
My famous Yak Burger Quiche! Sooo good. It’s very simple to make, too. The quiche I make doesn’t take very long. I use several different types of meat- from pork to ham to chicken to bacon- but I like using yak the most. :)
7. Is there a food that you hope that you'll never have to eat in your life time?
Don’t ever make me eat sushi, please! ;)
8. The strangest dish you've ever eaten?
A Swedish dish of squash soup and Swedish hardtack. It was actually really good. That’s the only thing I can think up right now. ;) Oh, wait! My friend and I back when we were very little put cheese and popcorn on chocolate cookies. That was strange but kinda good. ;)
9. Favourite mealtime? Why?
I love dinner because my whole family is there. :) It’s so much fun.
10. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :)
By putting peanut butter on both sides of the bread and skipping the jelly. ;) I can’t stand jelly and peanut butter touching each other. Yuck. ;)
1. What's your favorite type hot chocolate? (Dark chocolate, mint chocolate, with whipped cream, etc)
Uhm, I actually do like to put coffee in my chocolate but it does make me kinda sick and sleepy. It’s my favorite, though. ;)
2. What's your favorite type of sandwich?
Grilled cheese sandwich.
3. Favorite place to eat out and why?
I like McDonalds a lot for two reasons- it’s cheap and they support the hospital my sister is going to right now for cancer treatment. I can’t thank them enough for the money they donate to the hospital. I have spent a lot of time in the Ronald McDonald room at the hospital, and it’s meant a lot for us to be able to go in there and get a book and get some snacks.
4. Favorite Christmas cookie?
Russian tea cakes! Hehehe we only have these at Christmas. ;) They are kinda a cookie...
5. Favorite part of Thanksgiving day meal?
Shrimp salad! Oh my parents make the BEST shrimp salad on the face of the earth. I love it! :D
6. How do you eat your dinner? (do you eat each different food by itself or do you mix foods together etc,)
Uhm, I eat it. Like, I just eat it and don’t think about it. ;) :D
7. Favorite candy?
I really like those fruit flavored hard candies in the shape of bananas and stuff. I think they’re called Runts.
8. Favorite carnival food?
9. Favorite food to make over a fire?
Burned hotdogs. ;) Just ask Rebekah Eddy about her siblings’ reaction to my smoked hotdog. ;)
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Quiche. Because it’s so good. :)
Okay, here are my questions.
- Describe the first time you ate a foreign food. What did you think?
- Have you ever eaten grass, cat food, or cardboard?
- Do you like to burn your marshmallows?
- If you were given the choice between the two foods you hated the most, which one would you eat?
- You were served a strange and suspicious dish at a diplomatic event. Do you eat it or pretend to eat it?
- Favorite drink? (Like milk or juice, not drink drink. ;D)
- Do you ever cook food that your nationality is fond of? (Like if you’re Mexican, tacos, if you’re Swedish, rice pudding, etc.)
- What’s one dish you really want to try?
- Ever eaten any strange sea creatures? (Like squid or octopus)
- Finally, you are supposed to prepare a very special dish from your family for a very important meeting. What dish would you choose and why?
Have fun! I had a blast answering my questions! Thanks for nominating me, girls! If you want to participate, copy the questions and either a) post them in your comment or b) post it on your blog. Can't wait to see what the answers are! God bless!