Turning Over a New Leaf

As I sit here and write this, in the back of my head I know the laundry buzzer has gone off and there's a load of laundry waiting for me.

Also, I sense my little sister R's impatience for me to finish up with what I'm doing so I can put a movie on for her. She's dancing around the room currently and contemplating what movie she wants to watch.

Tonight I need to go and get sandwiches made for "the man's" work tomorrow. I also need to think about making some side dishes for dinner.

And as I contemplate these things, I look at my blog and I look at my old posts and think, Oh, Lord, how much you've changed in my life.

One of my many furry clients at my
new work. I get a lot of big dogs.
I have changed, a lot. My writing style has changed, my blogging style has changed. Today, I decided to step forth and brush off the blog and give it a new look that fit more of my current stage in life. You'll notice that the blog title has changed, too, from The Imaginary World of Emily McConnell to The Real Life Adventures of Emily McConnell. (See the About page for more details)

My job has changed from agriculture to the detailed work of a dog grooming salon, where I work as a bather. Though I will also work part time at the you-pick farm this summer, my shift from working only agriculture has been a major life-changer for me and has introduced me into a whole new line of work. 

My writing has shifted from strictly fiction to a lot of journaling, both daily detailings and prayer journals. The stories in my head that still tease and coax me into sitting at a computer to write have a far more thoughtful tone than before, a contemplative outlook. I still love the light-hearted adventures of yesterday and want to write them, but what I want to write has taken on a new tone.

Surprise, surprise, can anyone remember
what the "man's" name is? ;)
I have a man in my life now, as any astute reader may have noticed. (I've been very covert about it, haven't I? ;P) Anyone who saw my post from over a year ago about my time at "Stalag Thirteen" (See Stalag 13...Erm, Bible Camp) probably saw that one coming from a mile away, huh? I didn't even know at the time what the Lord was doing in our lives, but the adventure has been grand and I only foresee it getting better. I am blessed to have such a gentleman in my life.

 I have taken on a more responsible role at home and at my job place, and my family and personal life are taking a lot of time and attention. Even now my mind is calling me to the things I should be focusing on, but I think this takes a little priority and importance. It's long overdue, that's for sure.

So what does this mean for this blog, dear readers?

I still want to write. I still want to share my life with you. I still want to interact with everyone.

Me pretending to be a modern-day adult,
when in reality I just bought six tacos and
ate them like a little kid on a field trip. XD
Change has come in many ways for me, and I have changed along with it. I've gone from weekly visits to the hospital with little sister R to watching her get to go to church again for the first time in three years. My focus on stories has changed to a focus on reality, and even my dreams of traveling have shifted as I look at a whole new life that's opening before me---the future life of a homemaker, a helpmeet, and wanting to work towards that. What once I saw as a "someday" thing is now a "now-day" thing....

I have a lot of responsibilities these days, and financial matters to attend to, and two jobs that are taking a lot of my time.

But I haven't lost sight of what's important. My walk with the Lord, and what He's teaching me, and how He's going to use me to reach others and encourage them. Despite the changes, I'm still "Emily", I'm different but not all that different. My focus has changed, but who I am?

Holding a new baby goat at
a friend's farm this Spring!
I'm still in love with animals of all sorts, I still love the orchard and working in the trees, I still squeal about June Bugs, I still get that tingly, thrilling feeling over an exciting story. These things may not take as much priority as before, but they're all still there. I still sing like a maniac when I know I'm going to go ride someone's horse, and bounce off the walls at the prospect of a thunderstorms.

So, dear readers, even though I am turning over a new leaf and starting a new chapter on this blog, there's a lot that will be the same. My focus is more on reality these days, so why not write about what my focus is? I want to share with you what God is showing me, the great adventures He's taking me on and the many things I'm learning. I have cute dog pictures from the salon to show you, fun stories of horse training and trips with the family, personal prayer times that are growing me so much, and blessings of every size and shape. It's different, and yet, it's not.

Change is a hard thing, sometimes, but oh, it can also be such a blessed thing. I am quieter and have a different perspective, but who the Lord created me to be hasn't changed at all. I wouldn't change a thing, or the new changes, in the least. I wouldn't take away any of the pain or the loss at all, because it's changed me into a better and more focused young Christian woman than ever before.

Cleaning the chicken coop with the help of
Ebony, the ninja kitty.
So I hope you would like to start this new chapter with me, readers, as I share the exciting real life adventures of Emily McConnell, along with the imaginary ones as well.

Reality doesn't have to be depressing. Reality can be so much more exciting than our imaginations.

It just takes an imagination and faith in our Lord to see what joys there are in the every day things of life.

So expect some more posts from me in the future, readers, as I begin once more to blog and show you the great adventures the Lord has me on!

Blessings and take care, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!


-Emily McConnell
The beautiful SKS rifle my brother gave me for my birthday.
Along with all my WWII gear, I'm ready to find a reenactment
to join! Or possibly a band of partisans... XD 

Comments

  1. Yay! You're back! <3
    I like the new look, and name. :-D
    That rifle is SO COOL. I'm jealous... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Megs! <3 And yes, my rifle is super cool. B-) Ya know you can come shoot it...if you come... B-) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Hmm...we really need to plan a road trip.... ;-)

      Delete
    3. B-) Yeah you do. B-)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I like the idea you have for a new style of blogging! :)
    I look forward to following along on the story the Lord is writing for your life! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tiff, and for commenting and being so supportive! <3 Love all of you girls!

      Delete
  3. YAY EMILY. You came back! :D I'm so happy that God has led you on so many awesome adventures since the last time we've talked. AND OMIGOSH YOU'RE MARRIED NOW~ SQUEEEEEE! It sounds like you've had a lot of fun and awesome experiences, and I hope you just keep growing more and more.

    Also, I like the new blog design and all of the cute pictures! Looking forward to a few of your new posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Felicity! I'm glad to be back too! And no, not married yet. ;P Not even engaged---yet. But I hope soon. :) Thank you so much for commenting and being excited for the new adventures, I'm glad to be back, too!

      Delete
    2. Felicity Annora6/26/2018

      Well... I faintly hear wedding bells in the wind, though. ;D I'm so happy to have you back. I was just thinking about you recently and was wondering what you were up to. Super glad to hear that they've all been good things. <3

      Delete
    3. Hmmm yes wedding bells...eventually, don't know when. Gotta get engaged first, girl. ;) Thank you so much, Felicity, so glad to hear from you and thanks for being excited for me! <3

      Delete
  4. Yay! You're back! I've missed you!
    I think I sort of saw it coming. XD
    Glad you're back. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Libby May! Yeah, I suppose it was somewhat obvious we'd start courting. XD I didn't realize how obvious it was to everyone until people started pointing it out to me.

      Thank you so much for commenting! Glad to be back and have you back commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted