BookBurn Candles: For the Pyromaniac in Hiding



Let's face it.

We've always wondered what a burning book would smell like.

Take Little Women for example, when Amy throws Jo's writing into the fire. We feel the agony, we feel the pain and the anguish poor Jo is going through. And yet, we also wonder what that writing would smell like.

Don't you ever wonder such things? Are you obsessed with fire? Do you love to write but are too ashamed to admit you'd also love to literally burn some of your old stories?

Well now you don't have to, thanks to Ivy Rose's new and upcoming company, BookBurn Candles!

Now you can burn a candle and smell one of your favorite bookish scenes without having to literally burn the book! With three current candles to pick from and more to come in the future, Ivy Rose has created a jackpot for the pyromaniac at heart. You can enjoy the smell of Pollyanna's The Glad Game while you type away on your typewriter, or take a breather and refresh yourself with the scent of Good Strong Words to revive your writer's block. Whichever you choose, you can now enjoy that burning smell and let your guilty conscience rest that it's not actually a book.

And since it's also made out of essential oils, you can feel good about yourself in knowing if you're prone to asthma you won't have to deal with that. Follow Ivy's instagram, BookBurn Candles or check out her etsy shop at BookBurn Candles to shop and get updates!

As a secret pyro at heart, I was delighted to receive one of Ivy's candles as a Christmas present. I quickly put it to the test to see if it would satisfy my need to burn paper for no apparent reason...

And it did! It was delightful to write my Christmas letters while smelling the sweet scent of The Glad Game, from one of my favorite books of all time, Pollyanna. So of course, being the critic I am, I decided to see if the candle was sufficient in taking away my need for fire while I sewed...

And it did that, too! I was pleased to find it was quite comforting to work on my embroidery whilst enjoying the sweet, pepperment-y smell of my candle, and finished my project in record time. But, just for you readers, I decided to try a couple more things with my candle to see what it was capable of. I found out quickly that Ivy's candles can be used for multiple things, including-

A photo memorial for no apparent reason other than I thought it might be fun to pretend to have a memorial service for Lucas's and my respective characters, Luka and Emiliya, who lived and served on the Eastern Front during WWII. It was a very sober memorial service, I do indeed wish you readers could have attended.

But that's not all! This candle also serves as a fantastic play toy!

Want to have some real fun? Blow out your candle and wait for the wax to cool but still be liquidy, then stick your finger in it and coat with the wax! You can have hours of fun peeling wax off your finger and have the remanent of the smell on your hands for days. I highly recommend it if you'd like to have a fun activity to do during the dreary winter months!

In short, my dear readers, Ivy Rose's BookBurn Candles are completly worth your money. There is no limit to what you can do with them, and as a secret pyromaniac at heart, I can firmly attest that my candle saved my home from burning down, since I didn't have to try to burn a book to get this wonderful smell. So check out Ivy's BookBurn Candles and while you're at it, her Twitter, Blog, Instagram, Etsy and Youtube. You will not regret it, and neither will your family when your house stays in tact!


Comments

  1. What a super cool idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this. I really need this.
    What a perfectly wonderful idea! Pure genius!
    *makes plans to buy them all*
    (Totally not a pyromaniac. Not at all....) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh don't stick your finger in the wax!!!! GIRL!!!! COME ON!!!! XD You're scaring me with all these crazy pictures.

    But I love it. :D And I love you.

    Thanks for the awesome post!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude on how my husband was saved from Pyromania, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered Pyromania Disorder and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from Pyromania Disorder. and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Pyromania Disorder. I never imagined Pyromania Disorder has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one month he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Pyromania Disorder has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted