Merry Christmas

A poem I wrote two years ago that I do not remember writing, but it's in my archive so I must have. It still rings true to this day.

Merry Christmas, my dear readers.

Today is the day we look forward to all year,
the day that we anticipate through the snow and the drear.

For some it's the thought of the presents under the tree,
For others its about what God did for you and me.


It's a day that is blessed by generations untold,
A day that is full of joys to unfold.

Though perhaps it's not the true day of birth,
it's the day we've chosen to celebrate with mirth.


Everywhere we go we feel happiness and love,
What a blessing we've received from the Great God above.

It's the time of year we show others our care,
with gifts to say, "Hey, I know you're there."


Throughout the day I hope you remember the reason,
That today's God's day, the whole purpose of the season.

Enjoy your families, your presents, the day,
And don't forget we celebrate because Jesus paid the way.


Merry Christmas everyone. Have a wonderful day
With love,

-Emily and Bodie
(and all the fish and chickens too)
...
.........
............
(And the Mornellys as well)

Comments

  1. Lovely poem! <3 Merry Christmas, Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! Hope your Christmas was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Great poem! Merry Christmas, Emily! I hope you had a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well, Rebekah A! To be honest I mostly laid around, we're celebrating Christmas this weekend. XD

      Delete
  3. Great poem Emily! Hope you had a Merry Christmas! :D
    Give Bodie a Christmas hug for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany! Bodie sends you a big hug back! <3 :) Merry Christmas to you and your family as well, you're all a blessing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted