Merry Christmas!

Today is the day we look forward to all year,
the day that we anticipate through the snow and the drear.
For some it's the thought of the presents under the tree,
For others its about what God did for you and me.

It's a day that is blessed by generations untold,
A day that is full of joys to unfold.
Though perhaps it's not the true day of birth,
it's the day we've chosen to celebrate with mirth.

Everywhere we go we feel happiness and love,
What a blessing we've received from the Great God above.
It's the time of year we show others our care,
with gifts to say, "Hey, I know you're there."

Throughout the day I hope you remember the reason,
That today's God's day, the whole purpose of the season.
Enjoy your families, your presents, the day,
And don't forget we celebrate because Jesus paid the way.



I am not a poetry writer, but I wanted to do this for everyone. :) Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you have such a blessed and great day. What an amazing time of year. I'm so thankful that I get to spend Christmas with my entire family! (Minus one nephew who comes on Saturday) It's so rare to get to spend God's special day with all my siblings and their spouses and kids. We've all taken so many different paths over the years. So when we can all get together for a day or two, it's a truly blessed time of year.
Have a great day everyone. God Bless.

Emily

Comments

  1. Anonymous12/25/2014

    So sweet! I loved the poem! I need to pause and write one myself soon!
    Merry Christmas! The day has been great so far, and I'm sure will continue to be wonderful!
    Indi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome poem! Amazingly, I just posted a poem I wrote on MY blog! :) We are so similar it's a little creepy! :P God bless your Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!
    The poem is great! :)

    ~ Luke 2:11-14

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted