Trust in the Lord . . .

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5

It sounds easy enough, but how about when your knocked off your feet and you're staring into the face of a disaster? When your dreams seem to be impossible after so much promise and hope? Trusting God in those situations are the most crucial decisions we'll make. It's hard to trust when we're so overwhelmed we just don't understand. It's hard to trust when we can't see what good hardships will come to.

I am currently going through a rather difficult time in my life, and I'm learning that it's easy to say 'I will follow God and see if this is what He wants for me' when everything is going well, but much harder to say those same words when you're facing loosing your dreams. I might lose my dreams, but I have to believe that there's a reason and God has something better planned for me. I have faced trials like this in the past, and time and time again I've seen God work through the bad to create something beautiful and far better than what I had before.

I have to trust, if I don't trust I have nothing. My heart is heavy and my mind is asking why, but I know that the only thing to do right now is wait on God.
Lead me in your truth, Oh Lord, and search me, for you are the God of my salvation, on you do I wait all day. Psalm 25:5

We must follow God, though we don't understand why things happen to us or why we might lose something we've worked very hard for, God knows it all. He understands our struggles and understands our fears, He relates to us better than any person we've ever known or will know. He hurts when we're hurting, and He wants to comfort us.
I feel right now that God has something wonderful planned for me, and that He's trying to assure me that even though I can't see it, it's just around the corner. Can you trust me to take you there and give you something better than what you have here? I know what you have now has made you happy, but I have something far better than this. Do you trust me? He seems to be saying.

God, I trust you. I will struggle to understand and try to grasp the why, but I trust you. You are all knowing and I know you want what's best for me.

I wanted to share this with you all as an encouragement. I don't know if you'll relate to this or not, but if you're struggling then I want to encourage you that God knows what it is and he has something better planned. It may take a month for it to be revealed to you, it might take years, but it's there. We may not even get it in this lifetime, but you can be sure God has something better planned for you. All you have to do is Trust.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! It was very encouraging! Whenever I'm going through a rough time, I try to remember that I'm God's little child who He loves more than anything else!! Have you ever listened to Joel Osteen? He is VERY encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/13/2013

    Good Emily!
    Abby Alt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesseca9/13/2013

    That is such an encouragment. Our family is going through some major issues is my dads health and somtimes it's hard to trust. Thanks so uch for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have been many times in my life when I've faced hard things or things that just don't make sense to my mind. So many times I've had to work to keep my eyes on the One who sees everything. I don't know if you've read this short story/post I have on my blog, but it might be something you'll enjoy right now.
    http://rsreadingroom.blogspot.com/2011/05/refreshing.html

    Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the comments, I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply, due to our computer dying. :) I'm so glad I can encourage you all in your walk with God by sharing with you, as I know everyone goes through troubles and hard times. Thank you for commenting and I hope to see you around more!

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any comments or thoughts you'd like to share I'd love to hear from you! But do be thoughtful of others and please, no swearing or badmouthing, or I'll have to delete the comment. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time...For an Update!

Polyushko Polye: A Song With a History

Devoted